Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 3, Indian henna experience



I wanted to share with you my Indian henna experience:
Je voudrais partager avec vous mon expérience du Henné indien:


2 meticulous women, 2 hours of work, 2.5 liters of jasmine tea...
2 femmes minutieuses, 2 heures de travail, 2.5 litres de thé au jasmin...


Lemon and sugar on the henna to fix it, a sleepless night
Citron et sucre pour fixer le henné, une nuit blanche

Yes people, this is how I slept or at least tried to: hands out of the bed and my feet on a chair ( it takes one night to get it dry), a smell of fruit salad ( remember the lemon and sugar mixture?), henna crumbs in my bra, hair, sheets. The hotel maid would have killed me!
Et oui les amis, j'ai dormi ou du moins essayé de dormir comme ça: les bras hors du lit et les pieds sur une chaise (il faut une nuit pour que le henné sèche), une forte odeur de salade de fruit (vous vous souvenez du mélange citron/sucre?), des miettes de henné dans mon soutien-gorge, mes cheveux, les draps. La femme de chambre m'aurait tuée!

But it was TOTALLY worth it!
Mais ça en valait VRAIMENT la peine!



Alright, alright. I'm confessing those pics are from last trip.I didn't have the strength to face the sleepless night...
Ok, ok. J'avoue que ces photos datent de mon précédent voyage. Je n'ai pas eu le courage                d'affronter la terrible nuit blanche cette fois-ci...


Illustration: Melodie  Caillard

1 comment:

  1. hahahah!!! you're too funny! I totally identify myself with your henna story, went thru a similar episode on my most recent trip to India...still jetlagging..but henna is still on me too :) wish I had gone to Mumbai, you give some great tips here, my experience @ Delhi wasn't too shabby, plus I got to attend a typical Indian wedding...out of this world!! thanks for sharing, I'm enjoying your blog! pop by mine http://everythingscreamsfashion.com/ kiss!

    ReplyDelete