Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Escape to Sicily



Every spring, at this particular moment of the collection I need to clear my mind. In this case, my favorite place to be is Italy and especially Sicily because it strangely reminds me a bit of Tunisia. 




Citta di Syracusa





house of an autochthonous !!
On my way to get my daily dose of granité, I ended up in a procession in honour of  Santa-Lucia.


Granité de mandorla so F***** good

The procession should be on the 13th of december but it seems like Santa-Lucia needed a breath of fresh air.




Citta di Noto


The city of Noto holds a unique festival in May called the Infiorata. 
On Friday, I got the chance to see children preparing big boards with flower petals in their school. Those boards are gonna be spread in one of the main street in Noto to be seen during the week end then on Monday those same kids are gonna destroy everything !
 It symbolyzes the renewal of old forces by young ones.
Wish I was still there to take nice picks





Citta di Modica







Citta di Piazza Armerina

I have to confess I am a big fan of the roman antiquity, as a matter of fact I am completely addict to the tv show ROME.
Proof = I’ve watched the two seasons in one week end.




My fondness for roman antiquity naturally led me to the Villa Romana del Casale, a magnificent villa from the IV th century, miraculously preserved for ages thanks to a landslide.
The mosaics are amazingly preserved as you can see .










Citta di Syracusa




It was a heartbraker to live the city on Monday, but as a last goodbye I witnessed a lovely sunrise at 5 in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment